Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2014

My New Lunch Bag

    I bought some of this very cute reusable bag material that we carry at JoAnn Fabric and Crafts.  I have been eyeballing it for some time now and then they got some more colors in, so I had to get it.  I love it, don't you!?


   I knew I wanted to make some shopping bags or something with it.  The lunch bag that I was taking to work was getting pretty ragged, so I decided to make a new one.  Understand that this was the first one and I really was not sure how it was going to turn out.  I had an idea in my head and hoped it would come out in the finished product.  I mixed the polka-dot with the chevron to give it more character and break up the pattern a bit.  I also used some ribbon for the handles, mainly because I had to get to work and was out of time.  Next time I will use the bag material, it will probably last longer.



   I used some cardboard pieces from paper that I had bought when I was selling Stampin' Up!  The cardboard is perfect for cutting out patterns or stabilizing things.  I also used it for the cardboard in the bottom, so that it holds it's shape better.  I love recycling, up-cycling and using things for purposes other than their intended ones.  Sometimes I feel like a hoarder, but not as bad as the ones on television.  But you know, as soon as you throw it out, you are going to need it.




   It's a little bigger than I imagined, but I think it works well.  I covered the cardboard bottom with some fabric that is in our utility section, next to the bag material.  It is used for covering the bottom of a chair or couch, under the cushions. It's the black thin fabric that cats like to shred and always gets ripped when you move.


I am totally going to make more bags and show you how, step by step.  I just need to practice a little more.  Until next time, keep crafting and doing what makes you happy.  I know I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment